Sunday, November 26, 2006

FIREARMS LUBRICATION

When people clean their weapons the questions always comes up. How much lube do I put on it? Well my answer is to much is always better than to little. You can run a gun wet and dirty but dry and dirty does not work well.

Buying the all ready assembled gun cleaning kits to me is a waste of money. You get a lot better results by putting your own kit together. You have a higher quality kit with no extra junk cluttering everything up.

This is what I do:
I thoroughly dry clean my guns first with a good brush and rag getting rid of all of the loose deposits in the gun. I then use either Mil-Comm MC25 or Simple Green cleaner to thoroughly remove any further deposits. Be sure to have a good brush, such as the military weapons cleaning brush with a small and large bristle end. I use a brass cleaning rod and bronze brush for the barrel. I also have a stainless steel weapons brush and dental pick for those extremely tough deposits that do not want to come off very easy.

I then lube the gun with Mil-Comm TW25 Grease. I apply this to all parts on the slide rails and any other place I see visible metal to metal wear marks. For all of those small hard to get to places I use the Mil-Comm MC2500 semi liquid lube. For my everyday carry I only use enough to make it all look wet to the eye. If I am going to a class where I will shoot large volumes of ammo in a short period I will use a little bit more.

Wipe off all excess and do a function check to make sure everything is working correctly. I might add that while you have your gun apart and have it clean do a thorough inspection of all parts and replace anything that is worn or broken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home