Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wild Bills Concealment Holster Review

Wild Bills Summer Heat Holster

I seen these on line and they looked pretty impressive and the description was equally appealing so I ordered my son one for his new 1911. The web site also stated they were ready to ship, so I was in luck. I placed the order for all to be in tan. I included in my order these were for my son and I received a phone call the next day informing me that if I wanted them quick they would have to be black. So I conceded and took the black. I was told they would ship the following morning. One week went by and no holster or magazine carriers. I placed three phone calls and numerous emails asking where they were. No replies back!!!!!!

Well my son arrived and I called Milt Sparks and had a holster shipped (it arrived in 3 days). Yesterday I took my son back to the air port for his return trip to Iraq and today the holster and magazine carriers arrived.

I was less than impressed with the products. The holster has the rough side of the leather in and smooth out. This will make wear on the gun worse and the smooth leather will let the holster slide around in the pants. The band that is supposed to be in the top of the holster to keep it open for easy one handed re-holstering is very weak and it collapses under the tension of the pants against my body. The leather is extremely thin; the sight rail is molded verses sewn. The magazine carriers are equally shoddy in the thickness of the leather.

Over I found the following things wrong with the over all experience:

1. No customer service.
2. Late shipping.
3. Poor quality.

For $10.00 more you can have a quality holster from Milt Sparks with customer service and a much superior holster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home